Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Washtenaw Mentoring Coalition is a voluntary, collaborative organization of youth mentoring programs that share expertise and resources to foster long-term goals to improve mentoring programs and processes in Washtenaw County. In particular, the Washtenaw Mentoring Coalition:
- helps member organizations meet the Mentor Michigan Quality Standards, including recruiting, training and recognizing our volunteer mentors together.
- conducts public awareness campaigns and offers information and training to member organizations.
- surveys member organizations, local youth and the local community at-large about needs and assets.
- facilitates and organizes events, workshops and information for all our volunteer mentors and mentees
- helps member organizations recruit mentors (especially male mentors and mentors of color), and
- determine the needs and desires of young mentees and how best to market to potential mentees.
The Coalition now includes 20 non-profit organizations, government agencies, and faith-based organizations in Washtenaw County, Michigan, who work with young people. These youth need mentors, responsible adults who can act as guides, role models and friends.
- Jennifer Chapin-Smith
- 734-971-0277 x23
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!