Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Washtenaw Mentoring Coalition is a voluntary, collaborative organization of youth mentoring programs that share expertise and resources to foster long-term goals to improve mentoring programs and processes in Washtenaw County. In particular, the Washtenaw Mentoring Coalition:
- helps member organizations meet the Mentor Michigan Quality Standards, including recruiting, training and recognizing our volunteer mentors together.
- conducts public awareness campaigns and offers information and training to member organizations.
- surveys member organizations, local youth and the local community at-large about needs and assets.
- facilitates and organizes events, workshops and information for all our volunteer mentors and mentees
- helps member organizations recruit mentors (especially male mentors and mentors of color), and
- determine the needs and desires of young mentees and how best to market to potential mentees.
The Coalition now includes 20 non-profit organizations, government agencies, and faith-based organizations in Washtenaw County, Michigan, who work with young people. These youth need mentors, responsible adults who can act as guides, role models and friends.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!