Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"Our mission is to encourage the youth of central Ohio to improve their lifestyles through health advocacy, prevention, and education"
What is the YAC?
- The Youth Advisory Council is a youth philanthropy group made up of middle and high school students from central Ohio. Council members are given grant dollars each calendar year from the Foundation to fund youth focused health-related programs and project at local non-profits, youth groups, and schools.
Why was the YAC created?
- The YAC was created in January 2001 to assist the Columbus Medical Association Foundation in its grantmaking that targets youth and youth-led health programming.
What is the mission of the YAC?
- Our mission is to encourage the youth of Central Ohio through health advocacy, education and prevention. The YAC works to achieve this mission by investing in programs and events that work to address youth health issues like obesity, depression, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
What are the YAC’s responsibilities?
- Council member responsibilities are to attend and participate in the monthly meetings, and to review health-related grant and sponsorship requests that have been received from non-profit youth organizations and schools. Anything related to mental and physical health or well-being is reviewed by the YAC.
- Brittany Villanueva Martinez
- Need admin access?