Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Virginia Home is a private, nonprofit 130-bed facility providing nursing, therapeutic and residential care to adult Virginians with irreversible physical disabilities. The Home exists to provide compassionate, professional care and to ensure that the lifelong comfort and security of these individuals will never be compromised, regardless of ability to pay. The staff develops and seeks to improve the physical, social and emotional lives of those living with a severe disabling condition, helping them to live active, meaningful lives.
Unlike traditional nursing homes, which are typically custodial facilities for the elderly, The Virginia Home is much more. A multi-faceted human services organization, The Home provides:
- complete 24-hour nursing care and medical services;
- individualized dietary and nutritional services;
- physical, occupational and speech therapies;
- recreational therapy both on-site and in the community;
- counseling services for residents and their families;
- educational, employment assistance and cultural opportunities;
- wheelchair repair and maintenance and access to adaptive technology;
- private rooms, daily housekeeping and laundry services
- Sherry Williams
- (804) 359-4093
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!