Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Urban Ed, Inc., is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide District of Columbia children, youth, and adults with technology-driven education, information and skill development for sustained futures.
Our primary vehicle in carrying out our mission is to use technology in innovative ways to (1) help persons in need gain marketable workplace skills in the information technology field and (2) help the children of these families who are not scoring at proficient in school gain academic enrichments in the key subjects.
Goals: Our board of directors will begin the development of our new strategic plan for the 2013 - 2016 fiscal years soon. As we embark on the next phase of our growth, strengthening our outcomes and programmatic directions and becoming sustained as an organization after 13 years of service to the community, Urban Ed's visionis to transform those who are disenfranchised into high-performing members of society by:
- Being a leader in providing innovative strategies for personal and professional growth;
- Strengthening community and corporate partnerships around technology as a tool for change; and
- Adopting best-in-class organizational practices to evaluate performance and demonstrate replicable results.
Urban Ed has six core values that guide us in carrying out our mission, vision and other responsibilities. We are committed to putting in practice these principles in all situations to include decision-making, risk taking, and problem solving for our organization. Our six Core Valuesare:Accountability
- Individual and leadership responsibility for actions acknowledging mistakes and working to correct them
- Reliability and sincerity in interactions
- Requiring and modeling ethical behavior and always being truthful with clients, funders and partners
- Consistency in actions
- Holds client service and our client's interest as a top priority
- Considers long-term client needs as well as short-term demands
- Makes and delivers on commitments to our clients
- Takes personal responsibility for improving service to our clients
- Accepts and rewards risk taking in order to pursue opportunities that will benefit the overall organization
- Encourages creative thought and action
- Capitalizes on opportunities created by changes in the market
- Inspires with a compelling vision
- Steadfast in purpose
- Striving for excellence
- Committed to accomplishing a task in support of the mission despite obstacles that arise
- Focused on outcomes
- Committed to client-satisfaction making our clients and their needs the first priority
- Norma Anderson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!