Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Hinds Hospice is to uphold the dignity and ease the suffering of the terminally ill while supporting their loved ones, and those who are grieving.
At Hinds Hospice, we continually strive to provide the most complete and compassionate end-of-life care for patients and their families. That is why we have established a very unique Hinds Hospice Interdisciplinary Team to care for all aspects involved with a terminally ill patient. The team is comprised of the following professionals:
- Medical Director: Oversees the care of patients, advised the Hospice Team and consults with the patient’s attending physician.
- Registered Nurse And LVN Teams: Provides compassionate, skilled care, with the goal of comfort, safety, support and education for the patient and family.
- Medical Social Worker: Provides emotional support and counseling to help patients and families cope with end-of-life issues.
- Bereavement Counselor: Bereavement (grief and loss) services provided to family members for 13 months after their loss. Additionally, individual counseling and support groups are available.
- Chaplain: Is available to assist patients and families with spiritual concerns throughout this journey.
- Hospice Aide: Is available to assist with the patient’s personal care
- Volunteer: Is available to assist with transportation, errands and visitation.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!