Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Want to learn more about this School?
Check out their profile on GreatSchools!
The Hebrew Academy - Huntington Beach, CA
At the Hebrew Academy Huntington Beach, pre-school through grade twelve students develop a deep love of learning in both general and Judaic studies. Our dedicated staff, teachers, and warm, welcoming community help to provide a nurturing, yet challenging environment that encourages all students to reach their full potential in order to act as self-confident, responsible citizens with a strong connection to their Judaism and community.
- An effective education must include a Jewish religious component
- Opportunities must be provided for all Jewish children to receive a Jewish education
- A quality program must include a caring and nurturing environment.
- Students should be taught respect for all individuals.
- Students should be prepared to become productive members of society.
- Appreciation of the process of learning will encourage students to achieve highest level of that learning.
- Students should be aware of their civic responsibilities and current events in community and world wide.
- It is important to celebrate what it means to be an American.
- Loyalty to Judaism and intelligent Jewishness cannot be separated from Jewish learning.
- Jewish learning is the Torah, or Bible.
- Through professional instruction the Torah can be made accessible, in its original form, to every child.
- To train and educate literate laymen, conversant in Jewish lore and traditions is very important.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- The total education of the Jewish child.
- Involvement with the Jewish community by promoting spiritual and ritual observances.
- Providing the highest academic standards in both secular and Jewish studies.
- The total education of the Jewish child in an extended family atmosphere.
- The students of the Hebrew Academy, through a well-balanced religious and secular education, will be capable of functioning as dedicated Jewish men and women in the context of the American society, emotionally, academically, socially, and spiritually.
WE WILL STRIVE TO:
- Instill in students an intellectual curiosity.
- Prepare students to achieve their highest potential.
- Encourage students to participate fully in American culture.
- Prepare students to meet the challenges of contemporary life.
- Prepare students to function as dedicated Jewish men and women in the context of American society.
- Educate students in Jewish traditions and observances.
- Instill ethical and moral values.
- Develop in students respect and understanding of the rights of others, to learn to live and work in harmony with their fellow man.
The Hebrew Academy is a preschool through grade 12 Jewish community day school.
Campus: 14401 Willow Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Tel 714.898.0051 Fax 714.898.0633
Founded: 1969 Accreditation: WASC
Awards: Twice Awarded the Department of Education Blue Ribbon
Affiliation: Community school - We warmly welcome children from across the spectrum of Jewish practice and observance, including unaffiliated families.
Student Population: 350 Students Average Class Size: 15
Teacher/Student Ratio: 1:8
School Day: Preschool Hours: 8:05AM - 12:30PM / 3:30PM
Grades K - 12 Hours: 8:05AM - 3:30PM
Sept. - Passover Friday Dismissal: 2:00PM
Students spend most of the day in general studies and the remainder in Judaic studies.
The campus is situated on 11 spacious acres only two miles from the coast. In addition to the classrooms and offices it includes a kindergarten play area, a large play equipment area for the K-3 children, several sports fields, a junior Olympic size pool and swimming complex and a separate, secure preschool area with state of the art play equipment.
All facilities are spacious and all classrooms are equipped with computers. A multi-purpose/drama room, library, art room, science lab, computer technology lab, media lab and a music room are part of the overall layout of the campus.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!