Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Central Texas Chapter
- Health & Medicine
Location3316 Bee Caves RoadSuite AAustin, TX 78746 United States
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation--a donor-supported, nonprofit organization--is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis (CF) and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States. In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has been the driving force behind the pursuit of a cure and funds more CF research than any other organization. Nearly every CF drug available today was made possible because of the Foundations support. There are many ways to get involved so please contact the central Texas chapter for more information or visit centraltexas.cff.org
Our team will work tirelessly to extend and enhance life for those with cystic fibrosis by functioning as:
- Research pioneers, blazing new trails in drug development
- Fund-raisers, securing the money needed to support the fight against CF
- Advocates, keeping CF a top priority in government, industry and research
- Stewards, using your donations to help fuel the creation of new drugs
- Caregivers, linking patients and families to specialized CF care
- Helping hands, offering support, information and resources