Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- To provide the Arab community in the Bay Area and neighboring regions with a physical base for cultural activities, where a sense of belonging and unity are strengthened.
- To teach the younger generation of Arabs about the components of their culture especially the Arabic language, history and traditions in order to nurture pride in their heritage and identity.
- To provide Arab organizations representing diverse groups with the support they need in serving their membership.
- To provide community members with the support they need in bettering their educational and professional prospects and to offer newcomer individuals and families in need of vital services, the assistance and support they need to help them move from a state of dependency into a high level of productivity.
- To promote mutual understanding between the Arab Community and the community at large and to work against prejudice and anti-Arab sentiments.
- To disseminate information and assistance to all who are seeking to learn about Arab history, culture, and current events.
The Arab Cultural and Community Center (ACCC), founded in 1973, is the largest organization in California dedicated to promoting Arab Culture and a leading resource for services and referrals for Arab and Arab American communities in the San Francisco Bay Area. Every year, the ACCC provides hundreds of families and individuals with services like, health referrals, immigration assistance and ESL classes. ACCC is committed to strengthening the understanding of Arab culture by providing organizations and communities in Northern California with educational programs and cultural events.
Some of ACCC's contributions include:
- Arab Cultural Festival, Northern California's largest celebration of Arab Heritage
- First Mural of Arab Art & Architecture in Bay Area in partnership with Islamic Society of San Francisco
- First Arabic Language Program in San Francisco
- After School Homework Assistance program where 75% of Arab youth increased their grade levels
- Marcel Khalife's Bay Area performance in partnership with 2003 World Music Festival
- Ruba Dahbour
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!