Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- To assess the needs of individuals, principally refugees, from the HoA in Northern Ireland.
- To raise awareness among public services of how they can respond flexibly to these needs.
- To develop independent initiatives to foster autonomy among HoA individuals in Northern Ireland.
- To broker relationships between HoA individuals and members of the 'host’ community.
- To raise resources for education- and health-related projects in the HoA countries.
HAPANI is currently governed by an interim board comprising individuals with direct knowledge of the HoA and/or with specific competences in the areas of its concern.
The association will develop a membership base so that it can be democratically controlled by those it seeks to serve and its activities are thereby aligned with the needs of its users.
HAPANI will form a network with all local and national organisations dealing with immigration issues as well as other ethnic African organisations, to avoid duplication of effort and competition and to maximise the benefits of partnership and collaboration.
HAPANI is a Charitable Company based in the UK - Charity Number: XT31841
There are many ways you can reach out to refugees in your local community, by volunteering with HAPANI.
Some areas where volunteers are currently needed include:
- Academic tutoring
- Teaching English
- Home visits
- Grant writing
- Government lobbying and research