Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of NevAEYC is to serve and act on behalf of the needs, rights, and well being of all young children, and their families, with special emphasis on developmental and educational services and resources for a diverse population; and to foster the growth and development of the membership in their work with, and on behalf of young children.
Since 1926, National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) has worked to
- Support excellence in early care and education
- Improve teaching and learning
- Support individuals working in the field of Early Care and Education (ECE)
- Promote and public policies which support young children and their families
AEYC members work in a variety of ECE settings including but not limited to child care centers, preschools, public schools, private homes, before and after school programs, community agencies, licensing and regulation, and resource and referral. Together, we support excellence, inclusion, innovation, and community in the field of early childhood education.
In Nevada, there is a State Association, two local Affiliate Groups, and active student groups. Nevada has over 800 members statewide.
Statewide Affiliate Activities:
- Annual Early Childhood Conference
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Continuing Education Workshops
- Networking, Leadership, and Volunteer Opportunities
- Advocacy and Public Policy Support for children, families, and Early Childhood Education (ECE) at the State Legislature
- Support, technical assistance, and quality enhancement activities
- Special Events - Week of the Young Child, ECE Awards Night
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!