Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Why the American Cancer Society?
- The largest voluntary health organization in America and can make the most impact
- Focus on all cancers (not just specific sites)
- Fighting cancer longer than any other organization
A list of our accomplishments
- The American Cancer Society was funded in 1913
- Funded the work of 38 Nobel Prize winners
- The largest private funder of cancer research in America
- Good stewards of money - the American Cancer Society is ranked highly by watchdog organizations that monitor non-profits (www.give.org)
How we reach our mission
- Service - samples of American Cancer Society services include:
- 1.800.ACS.2345 - a national call center open 24/7 where you always talk to a person
- www.cancer.org - the most comprehensive cancer information, programs and services and current/future events and volunteer opportunities
- Cancer Survivor's Network - an on-line and telephone community of cancer survivors
- Community Resource Database - an extensive list of organizations and resources for every community, where someone can phone 1.800.ACS.2345 and connect with the local office or get a list of resources from the call center representative
- Additional local services run by staff and volunteers
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!