Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
LMS Mission Statement
Lutheran Ministry Services Norwest (LMS) reflects Gods love by providing Christian Chaplaincy services to individuals and their families that are confined in area hospitals, nursing homes, care centers, jails, prisons and veteran homes.
Description of Programs and Services:
Lutheran Ministry Services Northwest (LMS) has faithfully provided pastoral care to individuals and their families that are in Northwest area hospitals, nursing homes, care centers, veteran homes, jails, and prisons since 1938. LMS serves as
a pastoral extension for all Lutheran congregations in the Northwest and visit all Lutherans that find themselves away from their regular spiritual support.
Through a partnership of chaplains, volunteers and professional staff, LMS serves as an enlightened and caring community willing to address the issues raised by those in need of pastoral care. LMS brings compassion, love, and understanding to individuals and their families facing catastrophic situations in their lives. LMS is guided by the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:36, â I was sickâ ¦a strangerâ ¦in prisonâ ¦and you visited me.â
- LMS Pastoral Care Programs Include:
- Hospital Ministry: Pastoral and spiritual care with support and compassion.
- Nursing Home and Care Center Ministry: Being present and reflecting Gods love.
- Jail and Prison Ministry: Bible study and shedding light where there is darkness
- Veterans Ministry: Serving those who have served us so well.
- LMS provides Steven Ministry Training
LMS provides material for use in visiting congregational members who are in care facilities. Several copies of Healing Words is sent to all Northwest congregations.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!