Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) inspires and empowers people affected by cancer. We help people with cancer focus on living; we believe that unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. From the moment of diagnosis, the LAF provides the practical information and tools people with cancer need to live life on their own terms. The LAF serves its mission through advocacy, public health and research. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, the LAF is located in Austin, Texas. For more information, visit livestrong.org.
- More than 10 million Americans are currently living with, through or beyond cancer.
- More than 1.3 million people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer this year.
- Of adults diagnosed with cancer today, 64% will be living five years from now.
- One in three people will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime.
- Three in four families will care for a family member with cancer.
(American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts and Figures 2004)
The Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) believes that in the battle with cancer, unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist, Lance Armstrong, the LAF provides the practical information and tools people living with cancer need to live strong.
Our mission is to inspire and empower people with cancer to live strong. We serve our mission through education, advocacy, public health and research programs
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!