Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Pottery Northwest is to develop and promote excellence in the ceramic arts.
We strive to fulfill this mission by:
- Providing a professional facility in an educational atmosphere for the enhancement of skills in the medium of clay
- Providing studio space, classes, professional workshops, lectures, community programs, and a gallery dedicated to the sale and exhibition of ceramic works
- Providing a residency program to launch/foster/ inspire professional ceramics artists
- Encouraging a sense of community among the people who participate in the work of Pottery Northwest
- Cultivating an audience of people who appreciate art and culture
- Contributing to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest’s quality of life
Pottery Northwest was incorporated as a non-profit arts organization in 1966. The pottery grew out of The Seattle Clay Club . In the early years the pottery, kilns and all, actually resided on the second floor of the Center House at Seattle Center. Later the pottery relocated to a garage building that it now shares with the groundskeepers for the Seattle Center complex at the corner of 1st Avenue N. and Thomas Street. Pottery Northwest is in fact one of the oldest resident organizations at the Seattle Center.
Since its beginning Pottery Northwest has been a resource for community classes, professional workshops and exhibitions with nationally and internationally recognized artists in the field. Many youth and school groups have also made use of this resource. This past year Pottery Northwest hosted over 1000 individuals as students, workshop participants, attendance at lectures, and countless others as visitors to exhibitions and community events. One of its most important functions is to serve as a professional facility for those with a serious commitment to ceramics as they prepare to establish their own studio. On the occasion of its 30th Anniversary, Pottery Northwest received the American Craft Council Award of Distinction.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!