Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Next Generation of Service connects young people to social change organizations by offering vocational mentorship and promoting leadership service as part of their career paths. It is our vision to empower young people to chart viable professional lives that work toward the betterment of humanity.
*Service-Oriented Mentorship *
Represents a new approach to career counseling by focusing on the
individual, their passions, their unique strengths, and the specific social
injustices that stir them. This is done by:
- Educating students on existing service opportunities (i.e. AmeriCorps,
Peace Corps, Idealist, Jewish partnership programs, Catholic partnership
- Counseling and supporting young people through difficult choices,
existing fears, and challenges to undertaking service, such as family
- Providing practical information and advice on commencing service, such
as living on a stipend, deferring student loan payments, etc.
- Fostering a community of like-minded and supportive individuals for
students who otherwise feel alone, or like everyone else "has it all
*Creating New Service Opportunities*
Alongside educating students about existing service opportunities, NGS will
work with non-profits to carve out and create new long-term or
stipend-supported volunteer options. This will be done through:
- Forming partnerships with companies that offer part-time positions
- Identifying community members willing to house a volunteer.
- Eliciting donations to specifically support living stipends.
*Advocacy and Promotion of Service*
As part of being a movement that inspires individuals to incorporate
service into any career path, NGS will inform diverse communities about the
opportunities for service, and the widespread benefits that it holds. This
will be done in such ways as:
- Sharing stories of people who have participated in service via social
media, a blog, and podcasts.
- Keeping people informed about trends within different social change
movements, and how to get involved through a variety of outreach methods.
- Advocating local politicians and government bodies to support more
service-oriented funding, student loan deferment options, and other
policies that greater facilitate service opportunities.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!