Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
HOPE's mission is to assist people with developmental disabilities to live and participate in their communities.
What We Do
- Assisting individuals with developmental disabilities so that they can live and participate in their communities.
- HOPE Services works to help people with developmental disabilities achieve their maximum potential.
- Our vision is to understand the dreams of people with developmental disabilities and assist them, their families and members of the community in creating opportunities for those dreams to come true.
Individuals with developmental disabilities
- Which includes mental retardation, Downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and other conditions closely related to mental retardation and requiring similar programming.
HOPE Services, a nonprofit, was founded in 1952
- By a group of parents who joined together to provide their children with disabilities the same opportunities as their friends, siblings and peers. This group began a preschool for children with special needs.
- By a group of community members to provide resources, both financial and non-financial, for the programs and services of HOPE not funded by public monies.
- HOPE is a multi-faceted organization with over 500 staff serving 2,500 individuals each day in Santa Clara, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, San Benito, Alameda, and Monterey counties.
Agency-wide HOPE Services provides a range of
- Employment and job training programs
- Developmental activities
- Professional counseling
- Infant services
- Senior services
- Supported and independent living services
- Mobility training
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!