Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The East Valley Family YMCA is an association of persons of all ages, ethnic groups, and religious affiliations who are united in a common effort to put Judeo-Christian principles into practice to enrich the quality of the spiritual, physical, mental and social life for our families, our community and ourselves.
The YMCA's mission is to put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Annually over 5,000 YMCA households are actively involved at our East Valley branch in North Hollywood. Our programs include group exercise and physical fitness, youth, teen and adult sports; swim lessons, summer and winter camp; creative arts; and child care.Our YMCA exists to build strong kids and strong families. We teach character, promote healthy living, support the pursuit of positive life skills and encourage the acceptance of responsibility. Years of experience has taught us that involving people deeply over time is the critical path to accomplishing our mission.
Being involved, as part of a community, not merely as the participant in an activity, is itself an essential ingredient in living a healthy life and learning life skills -- that is why we are so committed to this approach.
To accomplish this, every YMCA program conforms to these principles:
- A commitment to the concept of membership, in which members become co-owners of their YMCA.
- An organizational structure that distributes ownership in the hands of local YMCA leadership.
- Recognition that every group of people in any activity can become a community.
- A commitment to engaging every member in a progression of experience over a lifetime.
- That the YMCA idea will be extended into every community. Nothing will be done in the suburbs that is not done as well in the inner city.
- Cynthia Lundie
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!