Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
What is it?
It is a wonderful program designed for those who would like to train his\her English and German tutoring and teaching skills or just "dive" into the Russian culture and language. We offer a volunteer teaching position at our small language school which may be a new opportunity to extend your international exchange experience and help to understand other nations of the world.
- a 15-hour (per week) volunteer teaching position for native speakers or advanced users of English and German who desire to help Russians with their conversational and grammar skills;
- minimum length of stay is 1 month (30 days), maximum - 3 months (90 days).
- monthly stipend (pocket money);
- city transport card;
- SIM-card for local calls.
To be paid by participants:
- process fees - contact us and request for the actual program brochure with brief details;
- accommodation, food, other living expenses;
- health insurance;
- travelling in Russia and addmission fees.
- have strong motivation to get teaching skills and communicate with Russians;
- be interested and tolerant to local cultures and religions;
- actively participate in and contribute to programs organized by PC with positive attitude, including but not limited to teaching, joining in meetings and other cultural and social activities;
- carefully follow program rules including fees and other required expenses;
- organize visa process independently as well as book tickets to and from Russia;
- understand, we are not a travel agency! Do not apply if you are looking only for tourism!
- do not apply if you are looking for a paid position, we supply only pocket money but no salary!
- minimum age - 18 years old, no maximum age;
- minimum required education - a high school diploma;
- teaching experience is not necessary but strong knowledge of grammar and vocabulary is a must;
- applications are accepted all year round;
- in January and June-August we have holidays and no teaching, do not apply for these periods;
- all applications are accepted at least 1 month prior to the requested arrival date;
- skype interview before acceptence in the program is a must;
- it is important that participants prepare culture material about his/her native country (computer presentation, photos, souvenirs, video, etc.)
Advantages of the program:
- Tourism can sometimes be expensive, especially for university students. Participantion in the program reduces some living costs such as food, public transport and local costs;
- Most of our course students are young people (15-35 year-olds) who are friendly and ready to spend much time with foreigners inviting them to their homes or going out, so you will never be bored or feel lonely;
- Izhevsk is not far from Moscow, St.Petersburg, Kazan, Nizhniy Novgorod, Perm and other famous Russian cities, so that you even can plan visiting them at weekends or after program completition;
- There is a direct regular train from Moscow to Izhevsk and tickets are possible to book abroad, in your home country.
- Olga Korepanova
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!