Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to empower all parents, especially parents of our neediest students with the information and tools necessary to navigate Americas complicated school system and maximize their children’s education. Starting in our home city of New York and then, through our online resources, throughout the country.
Click on the link below to view a short video about our work.
Our defintion of an empowered parent is a parent who is both informed and engaged. We are building a Parent Empowerment Platform to Empower Parents.
The Parent Empowerment Platform?
The Platform is a set of FREE online resources and proven strategies parents can access to learn more about the best ways to support learning and guide their children through the complex NYC school system as well as the rest of our nation's schools.
It will provide parents:
- FREE access tohigh qualityonline videosfeaturing our nation’s leading education experts
- Help navigating New York City's complex school system
- An Ask an Expert chat program to receive online video responses to their questions from our nation’s leading experts
- Online forums to gain valuable insights from thousands of other parents
And the convenience of accessing the information and tools online, on their computer or Smartphone, will give parents more time to be involved in their children's learning. The online videos will feature the most up to date educational information and research. All videos will be presented in English and Spanish, and other languages will be available through sub-titles.
Parents will learn:
- How identify the qualities of a great school.
- The structure of the school system and who to contact to resolve concerns
- How to speak the language of Education
- How to get the best teacher for their child
- How to become an effective advocate
- And much more...
- Bryan Davis
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!