Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to empower teens to become world changers through eliminating the barriers stacked up against them by providing a positive family environment with mentors that encourage all to discover their purpose and who help teens stack up tools to achieve excellence.
Stacks Youth Project is a 501c3 non-profit organization that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to empower teens to become world changers through eliminating the barriers stacked up against them by providing a positive family environment with mentors that encourage all to discover their purpose and who help teens stack up tools to achieve excellence. Stacks long term desire is to be a large 24 hour youth center that offers a wide variety of activites for youth. Currenlty Stacks holds regular events and activites at our Youth Center located at the 305 North Scott, Belton Mo.
Our Vision is to Empower Teens to Excellence we are doing this through our mentors working one on one with students and taking them through a program that we our developing called Stacks. Our goal is that every student that comes through our doors would have the opportunity to be mentored and walked through the levels. Every student would start at level 1 then the goal would be they would leave at level six.
Stack 1 Eliminating barriers (On Going)
-eating disorders, Drugs, self-harm, grades, homlessness, food, driver licences, abuse, etc.
Stack 2 Developing Good Character necessary for achieving excellence (On going)
Stack 3 Exploring interest and giftings
Stack 4 Finding their purpose and working one on one with a mentor to help them develop their vision and a plan of action to achieve it.
Stack 5 Mentor a younger student
Stack 6 Mentors support teens beyond Stacks as they work towards achieving their dreams.
Stack 7 Teens living the dream and coming back to Stacks to share.
Some of our short term goals are...
- Increase the number of students participating in our after school programs.
- Raise $3,000 for our 7th annual Stacks 4 Teens event in December.
- Gain at least 10 more monthly financiall supporters by the end of the year.
- We would like to increase the communities awareness of our organization.
- To speak about Stacks at a local church or community group at least once a month in 2014.
- Acuire more volunteers for our after school programs and special events.
- Increase our area of influence.
- In 2014 our drama team would like to perform somewhere once a month.
- Continue and grow in our leadership development for our team and members of the community.
Some of of long term goals are...
- Open a coffeeshop to help support the cause.
- Gain enough regular income to support a small staff.
- Expand the outreaches of Stacks into area such as; teen moms, food pantry, drug recovery, and much more.