Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We are here to empower self-advocates through education so we make choices that improve and enrich our lives.
Massachusetts Advocates Standing Strong
is a statewide 501(c)3 non-profit advocacy organization that empowers people with disabilities particularly people who are intellectually challenged to speak up for their rights. We are here to empower self-advocates through education so they may make choices that improve and enrich their lives. We provide peer-to-peer trainings on employment and how to protect yourself from abuse to various providers around the state. Other trainings we offer are focused on self-determination. We also support and assist local self-advocacy groups in MA and are very pro-active in pushing for legislative action that supports the rights and needs of people with disabilities. MASS also has an active Rainbow Support Group.
What we believe:
- Everyone has the same rights.
- Rights and responsibilities go together.
- Everyone should be treated equally.
- People should have the same opportunities to make their own decisions and choices.
- People should have the support they need.
- Everyone is important.
- We speak out for ourselves and each other.
- We stand by each other and make things better in our lives.