Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk is dedicated to:
- Provide health services of the highest quality
- Enable people to function as independently as possible in their homes and communities
- Promote individual, family and community health
- Maintain a tradition of charitable and compassionate care
- Provide & maintain quality of life for the terminally ill throughout the dying process and bereavement period
Incorporated in 1952, Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk is committed to providing the best possible care to patients without regard to race, religion, age, sex or ability to pay.
As a freestanding, not-for-profit, community based home health care and hospice agency, Visiting Nurse Service & Hospice of Suffolk responds to community needs as they arise, maintaining a tradition of charitable and compassionate care in the home, as well as providing community service activities such as blood drives, bereavement support, and flu clinics.
Today, more than 200 staff members make nearly 90,000 home visits to care for 3,000 home care patients and 600 hospice patients each year. Over 100 specially trained hospice volunteers assist patients and their families with transportation, grocery shopping, errands or companionship for the patient.
Our professional staff is committed to treating patients with kindness and dignity, while helping patients achieve their maximum level of health. Our knowledge and experience enable us to provide the best in home care to help patients cope with all of their health related needs.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!