Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To raise awareness and provide resources, as well as promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome.
The Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma's mission is to raise awareness and provide resources, as well as promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome.
We do this through a variety of family-oriented events, education workshops and community awareness campaigns such as:
- Buddy Walk
- "Reaching Across the Plains" Conference
- New Parent Visits and Quarterly New Parent Breakfast
- Monthly Educational Seminars on Topics Relating to Disabilities
- Parent to Parent Support Meetings
- Family Social Events
- Teen/Self-Advocate Events
DSACO envisions communities where everyone -- including those with disabilities -- is accepted, included, empowered and given the opportunity and choice to create their own happiness and path to success.