Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Children's Art Project's mission is to make life better for kids with cancer and their families. Transforming pediatric patients' artwork into products allows us to share their amazing creativity and the overall mission of MD Anderson and the Children's Cancer Hospital - to Make Cancer History.
Founded in 1973, the Children's Art Project's highest priority is ensuring young patients have opportunities to live a more normal childhood. Through sales of young cancer patients' original artwork featured on cards and gift items, the project has returned more than $30 million to programs that benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families.
More about the Children's Art Project:
- Over the past 30 years, our programs have touched more than 26,000 patients and their families.
- We have over 500 unique products in our assortment featuring artwork created in weekly art classes as a part of the in-hospital classroom curriculum.
- Products are sold in more than 2,200 retail locations throughout the U.S. at no profit to the retailer.
- After product costs and services are paid, all proceeds ($1.25 million annually) are returned to fund patient programs.
- Last year volunteers contributed over 472,200 hours to the organization - the equivalent of 232 full-time employees! Truly phenomenal!