Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission and VisionChildren's Mission Statement
As the nation’s children’s hospital, the mission of Children’s National Medical Center is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education.
We accomplish this through:
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families.
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges.
Children’s Vision Statement
As the nation's children's hospital, we will set the standard of excellence for the care of children.
- We will serve as the voice for the most vulnerable among us: our children.
- We will lead the quest to cure some of childhood’s most devastating diseases.
- We will prepare the nation’s future leaders in child health.
- We will be the children’s hospital against which all others are measured.
Children’s Child-Centered Vision
By incorporating feedback from our families, we have developed our first child-centered vision, which looks at the hospital experience through a child’s eyes. Healing a child’s body, mind and spirit takes more than medicine: it takes a team to fulfill a family’s dream.
- My hospital is a bright and happy place that feels like home.
- My providers, my family, and I are a team, and everyone's job is important.
- The way my hospital works is built around me.
- My providers don't all look alike.
- My hospital is my family's connection to everything I need for my health, whether they provide it or blaze trail it.
Nationally and internationally renowned Children’s National Medical Center in Washington DC--which serves more than 360,000 children and provides more than $50 million in uncompensated care every year--will hold its first annual Race for Every Child 5K (3.1 miles) race/walk. This event will raise critical funds for the hospital’s ongoing effort to provide specialized pediatric care, conduct research into childhood disease prevention and treatment, and provide wellness and preventative services to keep children healthy. The race will be held on Saturday, October 5, 2013 in the heart of Washington DC, kicking off at Freedom Plaza. Race for Every Child will feature family-friendly activities and special displays that will highlight what the hospital does best--heal and care for every child that walks through its doors. Racers and walkers will take their mark at 8:30 a.m. There will also be a "Kids’ Dash" for those 10 years of age and under.
Children’s National is encouraging people to register as an individual or to form a team, and run, walk or support someone who is. Visit http://www.raceforeverychild.org<<a id="yui_3_7_2_1_1369853598305_238119" href="http://www.raceforeverychild.org/" target="_blank">http://www.raceforeverychild.org/> to sign up! Please contact Berry Brady for more information 703-609-6643.
- Helene Brady
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!