Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Animal Shelter Assistance Program (ASAP) is to eliminate the killing of adoptable cats impounded at the Santa Barbara County Animal Shelter by providing daily care, medical rehabilitation and adoptive homes.
In addition to the primary goal stated above, ASAP also seeks to:
- improve the public perception of the Animal Shelter and increase adoption activity,
- reduce the population of stray and homeless cats through spay/neuter, redemption, foster care, and other educational programs,
- promote the benefits of companion animals,
- counsel and educate the public in providing a healthy and safe environment for cats, and
- form working relationships with other Santa Barbara County animal welfare groups.
Volunteering with ASAP
Through the generosity and compassion of our volunteers and donors, the Animal Shelter Assistance Program (ASAP) provides homeless and abandoned cats and kittens with loving attention, veterinary care, and a place to live while awaiting a forever home. ASAP shelter volunteers participate in routine cat care and upkeep of the facility, which includes feeding, cleaning cat cages, laundry and housekeeping details at the shelter 7 days a week, 365 days a year. ASAP welcomes new volunteers who can devote 3-4 hours a week to the care of the deserving shelter felines while they wait for a forever home. Additionally, many volunteers foster cats and kittens in their homes. Have a special skill or talent? Many volunteers work behind-the-scenes doing clerical work, event planning, fundraising, social media, and more.