Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to dynamically improve the quality of life in Nicetown and surrounding communities and establish sustainable, effective community economic development initiatives. We fulfill our mission with a holistic approach to goals and objectives that prioritize public health and safety; community organizing through re-education and training; affordable housing development; commercial corridor revitalization; arts & culture and land care.
The NTCDC was founded in 1999 by members who bring a collective track record of decades of experience in developing the community. This includes economic and housing development, social service delivery, small business training, community engagement, and special events coordination. Our facility is recognized as one of the strengths of Nicetown, and illustrates the NTCDC's development capacity.
Nicetown CDC Accomplishments
- NTCDC/ Neighborhood Advisory Committee
- NTCDC Community Center
- Commercial Corridor Revitalization
- Give Back to the Community Festival & Concerts
- Nicetown Court I & II Housing Developments
- Neighborhood Energy Center
- Computer Lab & Job Search Center
- Block Captain Support and Training
- Community Land Care
- Community Garden
- Nicetown Park Revitalization