- Children & Youth
Location1802 Princeton RdSuite 300Hamilton, OH 45011 United States
Butler Soil and Water Conservation District aims to provide strong technical and educational assistance to the landowners and residents of Butler County in the field of natural resources.
The Butler Soil and Water Conservation District is a subdivision of the state of Ohio, and is assisted by the Butler County Commissioners, the Ohio Soil & Water Conservation Commission, and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources through the Division of Soil and Water Resources.
Technical assistance for conservation practices is provided without charge by the Butler SWCD through the United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) personnel.
The objectives of the Butler SWCD include:
- Reduce soil erosion loss on both urban and agricultural lands.
- Improve water quality by serving as a resource base for water quality data and educating the public concerning storm water management and erosion control.
- To increase both the rural and urban communities' awareness of the value, need, and ways of conserving our natural resources.
- Promote woodland and wildlife management by local landowners.
- Conduct a strong informational and educational program in the schools and with the general public.
- Provide adequate funding, personnel and equipment to meet the future needs of district operations.