Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Sponsored by Faith in the City, the Personal Finance Center provides consumer education and a range of financial services and programs to the public with a special focus in the Phillips Neighborhood of South Minneapolis. Members gain greater access to mainstream banking products and services, empowering themselves with the realization that improved levels of financial security are attainable. This initiative also sets out to enlighten members with a better understanding of the community's economy and the impact on their own participation in it.
The PERSONAL FINANCE CENTER: An experiential learning environment and banking services portal that offers all the fundamentals of personal finance management in a variety of ways with varying degrees of professional support services tailored to and available on demand.
- Internet-accessible computer workstations for the purposes of supporting financial literacy education, distance banking, consumer research, and access to commercial software to manage and reconcile banking accounts.
- Phone bank for telephone banking, consumer research, and personal business.
- Reference library containing consumer education materials, information on truth in lending and fair credit legislation, financial literacy curriculum modules, and suggested reading materials.
- Mail station with daily pick-up on site.
- Annual VITA/EITC Tax Clinic.
- Community education i.e. "free" financial classes offered as a series and individually. Topics: Improve Your Credit Report, Track Spending and Plan A Budget, Spot Fraud, Save and Invest, etc.
- 3 FT staff members to administer the Individual Development Account (IDA) Program and serve as a resource to volunteers and visitors.
- Automated Teller Machine (Fastbank Network).
- Financial Counseling - Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota.
- Retail station for the purchase of organizational supplies, postage stamps, mailing supplies and materials found in recommended texts (i.e. record-keeping portfolios, calculators, floppy disks, or even coupon organizers) ~~coming soon
- Toni Gerard
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!