Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To elevate the health status of Native Americans to the highest level possible.
Nebraska Urban Indian Health Coalition's Soaring over Meth and Suicide (SOMS) program is a hosting a "Teen Maze" on June 4th and 5th from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m.
Our mission is to engage youth by placing them in a reality based simulation where they can experience how their choices with respect to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs can affect all aspects of their lives from their health, to their family and friends, to their future goals; And to empower them to make healthy choices in their lives that will allow them to realize their dreams.
NUIHC: Teen Maze Talking Points
What is the Teen Maze?
- An interactive simulation of the consequences of using alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- The maze allows teens to experience the consequences of ATOD use in a safe and controlled environment.
- It provides the youth a glimpse into the future if they start or continue down a path of ATOD use.
What is the goal of the Teen Maze?
- Engage youth by placing them in a reality based simulation where they can experience how their choices with respect to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs can affect all aspects of their lives from their health, to their family and friends, to their future goals
- Empower youth to make healthy choices in their lives that will allow them to realize their dreams.
Who is putting on the Teen Maze?
- The Teen Maze is presented by the Urban Indian Health Coalition.
- The Maze is sponsored by Region 6 behavioral health, Omaha Elks Club, DHHS, US Bank and Wells Fargo.
- The Teen Maze is a cooperative effort between the NUIHC, the sponsors and numerous community coalitions and partners including: PMP - Partners in Meth Prevention, LiveWise Coalition, Heartland Family Service, Omaha Home for Boys, UNMC, Job Corp, NE National Guard Counter Drug Program, Omaha PD, and the Center for Women’s Advancement. If I left anybody out please fill in their information here
Who is the target audience for the Teen Maze?
- Any youth who are or will be exposed to the pressures to use ATOD.
- All youth organizations in and around the Omaha Metro are encouraged to attend.
- All material scenarios in the maze will be age appropriate for youth from ages 12 and up.
- Parents are welcome to attend and experience the Maze with their kids, and Parents will also be given a "Sneak Peek" at the Maze from 8 am to 9 am on both days.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!