Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The International Institute of the Bengal Basin (IIBB), is a Berkeley non-profit committed to mitigating toxics in ground and surface waters, maximizing the conservation of drinking water, and replenishing the overused and depleted production aquifers, all through the planet. We are now confronted with the destroy of surface water due to surface run off carrying pesticides and other pollutants from both point and non point sources as well as by man induced activities, bad house keeping and climatic adversity which cause accidents beyond our control like Fokushima power plant in Japan (please check online). Our mission is to operate globally using the Bengal Basin as a working model to address the water crisis in emerging economies.
International Institute of Bengal Basin (IIBB)
A US 501 (c) (3) public charity, Federal Tax ID # 20-0237963
Mailing address: 1248 Ashby Avenue, #D Berkeley, CA 94702; Tel: (510) 575-5512
Executive Director for the International Institute of Bengal Basin (IIBB)
The International Institute of Bengal Basin (IIBB), a non-profit environmental services organization, dedicated to the promise of safe drinking water in Bangladesh, West Bengal, India, and other emerging economies. The Institute is currently receiving advice from Nobel Laureate Charles H. Townes, a prominent spokesman for Bengal Basin issues. Apart from environmental and ecological projects, the Institute also supports human rights and educational efforts in the Bengal Basin and beyond. It is a 501 (c )3 organization registered in the State of California. The IIBB is headquartered in Berkeley, California,
IIBB is currently looking for an Executive Director who will be responsible for the management and operation of the organization. The Executive Director reports to the Chairperson and the Board members. Duties and responsibilities of the executive director include:
- Overall management of the organization, as well as its capital assets and property
- Oversees all accounting functions including budgeting, financial analysis, and those necessary to comply with the reporting requirements of the federal and local agencies
- Handles all aspects of human resource management and day to day projects and activities
- Prepares grant proposals and mobilize funds for the organization in consultation with the board of directors, negotiating grants and contracts for IIBB
- Assists in the development of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for IIBB
- Establishes plans and programs to realize goals set by the Board of Directors and implements policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Travels to project areas, undertake training, attend conferences and other events
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant should have a graduate degree (preferable M.S, M.A. or Ph.D in social sciences or related subjects)
- At least five years experience in development work and non-profit operations. Work experience in an international development organization is preferred
- Experience working in Bengal, other emerging economies and California is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in preparation and delivery of training, information and outreach materials
- Effective verbal and written communication , multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Computer literacy with high level of competency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, database management, and social media applications is a must.
Salary is US$2,000 plus apartment or $1,200 per month will be provided. You are also encouraged to state your expected salary.
Interested applicants must send resume with cover letter to the President, IIBB through email at email@example.com. Closing date is May 2013. Those who applied previously to our announcement must reapply if you want to be considered for this position. Minorities and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Sukla Das
- (510) 575-5512
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!