Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
Did you know...
- 1 in 5 people has arthritis.
- Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in America
- There are more than 100 different kinds of arthritis.
- People of all ages get arthritis, including 300,000 children.
- Arthritis is the 6th most common childhood disease.
- PA ranks #5 in the country for the number of people with arthritis with 1 in 3 Pennsylvanians having the disease (Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System).
- Arthritis costs the US economy more than $128 billion each year.
- Arthritis costs the Pennsylvania economy more than $6.5 billion annually.
The Arthritis Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. Founded in 1948, with headquarters in Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation has multiple service points located throughout the country. The Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $380 million in research grants since 1948. The foundation helps people take control of arthritis by providing public health education; pursuing public policy and legislation; and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis.
- Debbie Waksmunski
- Need admin access?