Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Cornucopia Foundation is committed to nurturing the earth along with the human spirit. Our desire is to be inspired by the natural world and not to diminish it. By applying CPR (Conservation, Preservation, and Restoration), the by-product will be healthier food and a more natural, less polluted environment where people of all ages can weave together a community fabric that shares stewardship with the earth
Goals of our organization
- Land preservation
- Assist in restoring off-shore forests and in the process help eliminate local ocean pollution.
- Provide a Demonstration Garden of native plants: A California Cultivar Garden, a Butterfly Garden, Bird Garden, a Fire Resistant Garden and a Medicinal Garden.
Educational Outreach Program
- Provide an environmental center for all ages which will confront the problems defining current and future ecological issues and develop solutions through practices implemented into the community by its citizens.
- Water conservation/demonstrate the latest waste-water converting systems.
- Encourage and demonstrate the use of native plants.
- Composting for soil regeneration and marketing. Demonstrate low cost worm farms as part of the composting process.
- Demonstrate and promote energy conservation and alternative technologies such as photovoltaic, passive solar, wind, etc.
- Assist in restoring offshore kelp.
- CSA (Community Supported Agriculture).
- debra bianco
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!