Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Discovered Money is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and we are passionate about VOLUNTEERING to help not-for-profits and schools find and obtain Unclaimed Property for FREE (we also help individuals and businesses, too!).
Our volunteers complete these three easy steps:
- Find those who have Unclaimed Property (usually held by their state government)
- Inform them that they have been "Discovered"
- Help them obtain their Unclaimed Property
We also dedicate our time to unclaimed property advocacy:
- Our volunteers advocate for the citizens who are unaware they are listed in unclaimed property databases.
- We publicize and share all of the important legislative updates in this industry.
- We strive for fair and equitable treatment of the lost money nationwide; during the safekeeping term, every unclaimed money fund should earn interest for the rightful owners.
- We support the "open government" principle: this encourages information and data transparency by local, state and federal governments.
- We support the "open data" movement: all unclaimed property data should be freely and publicly released in a format that is easy to share with the masses.