Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission to introduce creative, fun, affordable, and eco-friendly Halloween events to the community. We host events that demonstrate simple ideas that makes going Green a gradual and affordable process rather than an all-or-nothing plunge. Working in partnership with ethical businesses, Southern California organizations and Mar Vista Farmers Market, we help parents and child-free adults save money on their Halloween costumes and introduce trick or treat options at fun costume thme events. At the end of October we donate Halloween goodies to a local great cause.
Los Angeles Costume Swap is a collaborative project of the Catalyst Network of Communities, a 501c3 nonprofit social impact organization helping people and groups to connect, collaborate, and share resources. The goal for LACS is to help children and adults embrace their imagination, creaticty and celebrate in ways that is healthy for the planet. Kids and adults will get the chance to swap new-to-them costumes saving money and the environment -- instead of buying new ones that often end up in landfills.
LOS ANGELES COSTUME SWAP
Every October LACS hosts a big costume swap where people from all over Los Angeles County brings gently used costumes and swaps it for a 'new-to-you' costume.
Leading up October Los Angeles Costume Swap hosts creative upcycling events leading up to the October event - National Costume Swap Day. Upcycling is where we take items that are more often then not thrown away and given a new purpose.
- Coffee cup sleeve to new superhero braclet
- Water bottle to new jewlery
- Plain clothing to new costume
WE HAVE THREE GOALS
1. Show that celebrating Halloween in Green ways is not only just as much fun but much more fun than buying disposable costumes.
2. Help people save money and discover fantastic Halloween treats.
3. Donate costumes to a local cause that will help make Halloween cheery and fun for kids and adults that may not have the opportunity to celebrate.
- Alivia Hunter
- (323) 212-5227
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!