Union Square Main Streets brings together business and property owners, residents, community leaders and government who share a common goal of revitalizing and improving our neighborhood. With a shared vision, Union Square Main Streets leverages the resources at hand - private and public, human and financial - to improve the neighborhood in the near and far term.
* We are a broad-based group of representatives of Union Square, including business and commercial property owners, residents, non-profit and civic leaders, and Somerville city government.
* We help Union Square grow as a thriving, safe, friendly business district providing diverse cultural offerings and a variety of independent businesses to both serve and employ residents.
* We strive to make Union Square cleaner and more pedestrian-friendly.
* We seek to improve the storefronts of Union Square with better signage and a cleaner appearance.
* We promote Union Square, so that people will want to live in Somerville and shoppers will come from other areas to enjoy its vibrant arts, retail and entertainment offerings.
* We foster local leadership and cooperation of residents, businesses and landlords to build a healthy, economically vital Union Square.
* We recognize that there are no magical, overnight solutions for reviving Union Square, just a gradual process of effective transformation. Revitalization comes both through cooperative planning for the future and creating visible change now