Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Saving the lives of companion animals through rescue, adoption and spay/neuter; advocating for pets in our region.
TAILS cares for 2,500 pets each year. At any given time, approximately 300 pets reside at the shelter and in volunteer foster homes throughout our community. Adoptions occur daily at the shelter and at offsite adoption locations each weekend.
In addition to our adoption program, TAILS also provides low-cost spay/neuter and dog training classes to the public and offers a variety of human service programs aimed at nurturing the human-animal bond:
- Our Safe Pets program provides free boarding for the pets of domestic violence victims so they can leave their abuser without fearing for the safety of their pet.
- In partnership with our local Meals on Wheels program, we provide free food and veterinary care to Meals on Wheels clients who own pets through our HomeBuddies program.
- Through our Humane Education program, we provide educational opportunities for school and community groups, focusing on a variety of animal welfare topics.
- Our Catalyst program provides at-risk teens and pre-teens opportunities to learn about compassion, self respect and responsibility through supervised volunteer tasks involving animals.
- Pawsitive TAILS, our animal assisted activities program, facilitates interactions between certified pets and clients of human service organizations throughout our community.