Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Metro Denver Partners is to promote a safe and growth-oriented environment in which at-risk youth can develop and flourish through: friendship and commitment; mentoring and role modeling; education and guidance; and family support.
There are many kids in our community who would benefit from someone taking the time to connect with them. They want and need a caring adult to listen to what's on their mind and give them good advice. That's what mentoring is all about. You just need to be yourself, and share what you've learned from your own life experiences. It's really that easy. You'll share activities, be supportive and listen, become a friend, and show the youth you care.
Being a mentor will change a child's future. Here are some key elements of our highly successful mentoring and tutoring programs:
- One-to-one mentoring of at-risk youth in Denver, Douglas and Adams Counties
- Kids referred by community agencies
- Adult volunteer and youth commit to spending an average of three hours a week for one year together
- Extensive staff support for youth and volunteers, including: weekly contact, monthly recreational activities, life-skills' trainings, case management, and community service options
- Tutoring program is held weekly during the school year. Adult volunteers assist students, one-on-one, with reading, math, and homework.
- Estefania Palenzuela
- (303) 777-7000
- Need admin access?