Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Dixmoor Works Partnership mission is to fulfill the promise to the communities we serve buy increasing literacy and the basic human right: right to read, write, and interpret the world.
Dixmoor Works Partnership promotes adult literacy, education, and workforce development in Chicago most under served communities.
- All people have the right to literacy.
- People learn best when they learn collaboratively.
- Literacy and critical thinking are interconnected.
- Literacy has the power to transform lives.
- Understand and respond to the needs of clients who struggle with literacy
- Select, adapt, and create materials that are effective for adults at all reading levels
- Implement teaching approaches to engage clients with low literacy skills
- Incorporate learner-centered activities in the classroom
- Build clients' confidence
Dixmoor Works Parantership:
- We train educators in community work as volunteers and professionals who work with adults enrolled in the program literacy and employment programs.
- Provides training and networking opportunities for community-based orginazations, and workforce development programs;
- Instructors are working with adult learners in two specialized areas: basic reading & math skills and work place literacy.
Dixmoor Works Partnership is committed to helping the under served communites in need of literacy skills.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!