Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Dixmoor Works Partnership mission is to fulfill the promise to the communities we serve buy increasing literacy and the basic human right: right to read, write, and interpret the world.
Dixmoor Works Partnership promotes adult literacy, education, and workforce development in Chicago most under served communities.
- All people have the right to literacy.
- People learn best when they learn collaboratively.
- Literacy and critical thinking are interconnected.
- Literacy has the power to transform lives.
- Understand and respond to the needs of clients who struggle with literacy
- Select, adapt, and create materials that are effective for adults at all reading levels
- Implement teaching approaches to engage clients with low literacy skills
- Incorporate learner-centered activities in the classroom
- Build clients' confidence
Dixmoor Works Parantership:
- We train educators in community work as volunteers and professionals who work with adults enrolled in the program literacy and employment programs.
- Provides training and networking opportunities for community-based orginazations, and workforce development programs;
- Instructors are working with adult learners in two specialized areas: basic reading & math skills and work place literacy.
Dixmoor Works Partnership is committed to helping the under served communites in need of literacy skills.
- Lisa Brackett
- (773) 729-4172
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!