Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
P.A.A.C. - People Assisting Animal Control is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation formed under the laws of the State of Texas in August 2010. Our mission is to decrease euthanasia of healthy adoptable animals, raise funds to support The City of Corpus Christi Animal Control and educate the public on proper animal responsibility.
The goals of P.A.A.C. include:
- To raise money and support for Corpus Christi Animal Control.
- To promote animal welfare and prevent cruelty to animals.
- To educate the public on issues facing animals through articles, public awareness and events to promote humane treatment of animals.
- To encourage and facilitate proper veterinary care including vaccinations, spaying and neutering.
- To support the Corpus Christi Animeals Program that provides food to pets of Corpus Christi citizens on the Meals on Wheels program.
P.A.A.C. accomplishments in aiding the animals at Corpus Christi Animal Control include:
- Purchasing Kuranda beds for all the dogs in adoption.
- Purchasing cat hideaway boxes for all the cats in adoption.
- Purchasing various tests for the dogs/cats including heartworm and FIV testing.
- Purchasing vaccinations for the dogs/cats including rabies, parvo/distemper.
- Purchasing clothing for the animals to enhance adoption photos.
- Purchasing water bowls for all the animals at the shelter.
- Purchasing leashes for all the dogs in adoption.
- Purchasing a commercial washer/dryer for the shelter.
- Maintaining websites to promote adoption animals including Facebook, Adopt-a-Pet, Petfinder, E-bay, and Craigslist.
- Building four outdoor dog runs for the dogs in adoption.
- Securing funds to build an outdoor cat play area.
- Purchasing food to maintain the local Animeals program.
- Hiring a part-time P.A.A.C. employee to ensure animals are let out to play daily and assist with adoptions.
We need your help to partner with Animal Control and help shelter animals as well as animals in our community. The Corpus Christi city budget has been decreased in all departments making it difficult if not impossible to incorporate needed programs at the shelter. We are always here to answer any questions you may have.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!