Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.Values and the YMCA Name
- Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith remain the basis for all we do.
- The Y is the YMCA. People most commonly refer to us as "the Y," so that's what we're calling ourselves.
- The "MCA" is not gone. "YMCA" is part of the new logo, introduced in 2010.
- Our Y exists to serve all through inclusive services and programs.
- In addition to mental and physical components, our Vision for Youth includes a spiritual component -- the goal is to increase spiritual awareness in children and teens by encouraging volunteer service as an expression of love toward one another.
The YMCA commits to the spiritual, mental and physical growth of all children and teens in the Greater St. Louis area.
Since 1853, the YMCA of Greater St. Louis has helped people grow in spirit, mind and body.
The Y has committed to ensure every young person in the Greater St. Louis area from 5 to 15 years of age has the opportunity to become a healthy, productive member of society.Areas of Impact
Goal: By the year 2020 increase spiritual awareness of loving one another and service to others by doubling the number of youth volunteers.
Goal: By the year 2020 increase the number of youth reading at/above their grade level by 3 percent.
Goal: By the year 2020 stop the increase in youth obesity. According to the Center for Disease Control, childhood obesity has tripled from 1980 to 2004.
- Maryann Bohnenstiehl
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!