Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We are committed to stopping life-threatening abuses by global corporations and increasing their accountability to public institutions and people around the world.
As global corporations have grown richer and more powerful than many nations, they increasingly operate without limits on their power or influence. Around the world, global corporations drive government policies, unchecked by strong global policies to protect public health, human rights and the environment.
We envision a world where:
- Democratic institutions and civil society thrive, unthreatened by corporate interference in policy-making.
- People can adequately meet their basic human needs for food, water, shelter and good health.
- The opportunity exists for all people to reach their full human potential.
- Security is based on cooperation and community.
We work directly with global governing bodies to achieve our vision.
We have official relations with the World Health Organization, Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and are an official observer to theSecretariat of the Framework Convention of Tobacco Control.
We are also recognized as a leader in achieving our mission. Over our 35-year history, we been awarded recognition for our achievements, including:
- Letelier-Moffitt Human Rights Award, from the Institute for Policy Studies, 1982
- Oscar for Best Documentary: Short Subject, "Deadly Deception," from the Academy Awards, 1992
- BENNY Award, from the Business Ethics Network, 2006
- Bloomberg Awards for Global Tobacco Control, from Bloomberg Philanthropies, 2012
- World No Tobacco Day Award, from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), 2012
- Alyse Opatowski
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!