Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
A nation where all children are born alcohol free.
NOFAS strives to prevent alcohol use during pregnancy and supports individuals and families living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD).
Shared Values and Beliefs
We believe FASD is a national health crisis. Nearly 100,000 newborns in the U.S. every year are exposed to heavy or binge drinking--the highest risk for FASD--during their prenatal development. Alcohol and pregnancy education must be elevated to a higher public health priority and medical and mental health care systems must better serve all families in need.
We believe society still does not see or understand the magnitude of FASD. Many myths and misconceptions about the risk of alcohol use during pregnancy remain despite nearly 40 years of clinical research. Broad public education and media outreach must be sustained to teach the facts about FASD and the risk of alcohol use during pregnancy.
- Effectively communicate the facts about the significant risk and potential harm of prenatal alcohol exposure.
- Promote national policies that enhance knowledge of FASD and ensure services for individuals and families.
- Extend our reach through partnerships and coalitions.
- Enhance the operation of the organization and our programs to fulfill our vision, mission and objectives.
- Maintain our credibility and distinguished public standing within the FASD community and among the public at-large.
- Diversify and increase revenue streams and resources to accomplish our mission.
- Ensure that our team has the focus of mission, the resources to be productive, and the passion to succeed.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!