Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is the nationwide non-profit, non-partisan organization devoted to ensuring free speech, equal rights, and other civil liberties. With a membership of over 5,000, the ACLU of the National Capital Area (ACLU-NCA) now defends and expands civil liberties in the Nation’s Capital, including important Federal employee matters. Those who join us also become members of the National ACLU.
The ACLU, the nation’s largest public interest law firm, is a 50-state network of staffed, autonomous local offices. Here in the National Capital Area, we concentrate our work in support of the following:
- freedom of speech for all who live in or come to the Nation’s Capital
- equal rights for all by really ending discrimination because of gender, race, color, religion, ethnic origin, marital status, age or sexual orientation
- religion free from coercion or government domination
- elimination of police abuse and establishment of unbiased policing
- a woman’s right to choose and obtain reproductive services of any kind
- just treatment for immigrants
- the elimination of the death penalty
- inclusive and fair practices for individuals with disabilities or HIV/AIDS
- a rehabilitation emphasis for drug policy
- humane prison conditions with education during school age and job training for adults
- the right to privacy for our personal lives and information
- full self-government and voting representation in Congress for the citizens of the District of Columbia
- Felicia Smith
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!