Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
LABS4RESCUE is a volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing a new life for rescued or displaced Labrador Retrievers and Labrador Mixes.
- All Labs4Rescue dogs undergo an initial veterinary screening, treatment as required and then they are placed in loving foster homes for nurturing and further evaluation.
- Only Labs with socially acceptable behaviors, which can be responsibly placed, will be offered for adoption.
- All labs offered for adoption have been vaccinated, spayed/neutered, started on heart worm prevention and have received treatment for any prevailing medical or health conditions.
- Labs4Rescue also offers additional educational materials via brochure, educational events and articles within this web site.
- Our goal is to promote and advance responsible pet ownership. Labs4Rescue is completely staffed by volunteers who have other jobs and families. Please be patient in waiting for a response. However, should your request go unanswered for three days, please resubmit.
*****WE URGENTLY NEED FOSTER HOMES !!!*****
We have a strong and growing foster program that makes it very easy for you to help us save more labs. Because our labs in the South have only 3-5 days to get adopted, we must pull them from the shelters quickly. But of course they need somewhere to go, and that's where a foster home helps. By fostering, you save two lives, the one that you foster and the one that can take its place. Crates and vet expenses are covered by our group. You get to choose the lab you would like to foster and you have first choice in adopting him or her if you just can't bear to see them go! Many fosters though remain fosters because there is a real joy in knowing that you are actively saving the lives of labs. Most of our fosters also say fostering is a wonderful way to involve the whole family, including the kids, in a worthwhile service project. Please visit our website at www.labs4rescue.com and take a peek at our Foster Information page.