Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To accelerate generational change, Friends of the Children identifies youth facing the toughest challenges and connects them with professional mentors who guide them to develop their greatest potential and achieve their goals. From kindergarten through graduation, no matter what.
Friends of the Children is the only youth development program breaking the cycle of poverty and violence, preventing school dropout, teen parenting, and criminal activity -- by selecting the most vulnerable children, and making a 12 1/2 year commitment to their success through graduation. It works because:
- We select children who face the most challenges in their home and school environments.
- We start early,in kindergarten or first grade, when the child is eager to learn and grow, but needs the constancy and guidance of a professional mentor.
- We pair each child with a full-time salaried mentor; each child receives atleast four hours of mentoring per week.
- We stay for the long-term, until they graduate from high school, prepared for college and the workforce, no matter what.
- Education Support Assistant
- Need admin access?