- Health & Medicine
- Veterans & Military Families
Location75 SYLVAN STREETB-102DANVERS, MA 01923 United States
Care Dimensions enriches quality of life for those affected by life-limiting illness, death and loss by providing exceptional care, support, education and consultation.
Since 1978, Care Dimensions has provided comprehensive and compassionate care for individuals and families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. As the non-profit leader in advanced illness care, we offer services in more than 100 communities in Massachusetts, including the North Shore, Greater Boston, Metrowest and the Merrimack Valley.
We provide care wherever a patient calls home - in their own home, long-term care facilities, assisted living communities, hospitals, and at our two inpatient hospice facilities: the Kaplan Family Hospice House in Danvers, MA (https://www.caredimensions.org/hospice-care/kaplan-house.cfm), and the Care Dimensions Hospice House in Lincoln, MA (https://www.caredimensions.org/hospice-care/care-dimensions-hospice-house.cfm).
No matter what your skills, talents or motivation, we have a volunteer opportunity for you!
1. Patient focus:
* Engaging in a shared interest or hobby
* Helping with letter-writing or life review
* Visiting with your approved dog
* Reading to a patient
* Listening and by providing a supportive, comforting presence
2. Greeting and screening visitors at our hospice houses
3. Making bereavement and check-in calls from your home
4. Helping with mailings, other tasks in our Danvers or Waltham office