Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Gretna Economic Development Association is a non-profit organization consisting of Business, Residence, Community leaders and people interested in improving the business climate within the City of Gretna as well as develop affordable housing, perserve historical landmarks, beautify homes and parkways and to promote and encourage tourism.
Acting as a liason between the community, state, local and federal governments to identify needs and potential solutions, the function of GEDA is:
- To improve the business climate wihtin the City of Gretna as well as to provide a vehicle to assist the development of new businesses.
- To promote and encourage tourism along with enhancing the knowledge of local residents and potential tourists.
- To develop affordable housing, preserve historical landmarks and beautify homes and parkways.
The Gretna Farmer's Market (GFM)as a leg of GEDA fills a valuable spot in the City of Gretna:
- GFM use an historical landmark to host its weekly market place.
- Promotes commerce in Gretna.
- Offers residents from surrounding areas access to farm fresh, nutritious foods.
- Provides Growers access to a market otherwise not open to them to sell their produce and goods.
- We support the Gretna Food Bank and ARC of the Westbank
- Marcia Madere
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!