Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We are a small close-knit group of volunteers who share a common love of the Maine Coon cat breed.
OMC! (Only Maine Coons Rescue) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit rescue group that specializes in saving the lives of Maine Coon mix cat/kittens from high euthanasia rate shelters and unwanted situations. Our mission is to save "Coonies" from dire situations, and we pride ourselves on doing the following:
- Saving Maine Coon mix or Purebred cats/kittens from unwanted situations and high kill shelters.
- Providing a safe and loving foster home through to adoption.
- Providing necessary veterinary care.
- Working with adopters and placing cats in appropriate forever homes.
- Working with shelters and the public as in regards to courtesy posts to save Maine Coon cats and to enable them to find appropriate forever homes.
- Being readily available to answer all questions, to provide complete adoption details, and to enable the return of any of the Maine Coon cats in our care, should an adoption fail.
- Educating the public about the Maine Coon cat breed.
- Providing a friendly, accessible, and good relationship with adopters, shelters, and the public.
- Providing cats with a loving forever home and adopters with a permanent loving family member.
OMC! (Only Maine Coons Rescue) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. We are a 100% volunteer-run/breed-specific rescue group that specializes in the Maine Coon Cat breed. We rescue Maine Coon Cat/Kitten mixes from shelters and unwanted situations. On occasion, we rescue purebred (PB) Maine Coon Cat/Kitten(s). This means that they have papers registering them as a purebred cat. In addition all of our cats are lovingly cared for in Foster homes until they are placed into their "furrever" homes.
Although we cannot guarantee the percentage of Maine Coon in each cat that we rescue. Be assured that each "Coonie" cat represents the breed in a satisfactory manner. Please take a look at the Maine Coon cats in need of a "furrever" home by clicking on this link: Available Cats.
In order to start the adoption process, please fill out an Adoption Application by clicking on this link Adoption Application.
We are a close-knit group who all work together to make adoptions happen as quickly as possible, and to ensure a happy ending for the coonie and the new adopter.