Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
THE GIP FOUNDATION, INC. is a developing not-for-profit organization who has a mission to uplift, empower, teach, and support at risk female adults, teens, and children so that they can become emotionally, physically, and financially self-reliant in order to become mindful contributors to their communities and to promote these activities of the corporation throughout the communities where it will operate. Girls in Power ("GIP") is a program dedicated to providing innovative hands-on programs, guiding tweens and teens through a loving, inspiring and supportive environment so they realize their full potential.
Founded by a single mother of three girls, passionate and motivated to encourage, foster and inspire "Girls." Mission to deliver life-changing programs to Teen Youth ages 11 - 16 years "Mentoring Opportunities" for Young Women ages 16-24. These workshops use 4-parts (arts, health, purpose, & fellowship) & are lead by women passionate about their talents, sharing there assets in a designed skill-building curriculum.
The key issues that GIP faces are as follows:
1.Young girls are quietly slipping into the "at-risk" category without notice as they develop into young adults.
2. A significant development void exists in today’s education, home/parenting, and community systems.
3. Many parents increasingly believe they do not have the tools, time, or temperament to provide their children with the edge in life.
4. Increasing numbers of tweens and teens suffer from low self-esteem, lack of direction and motivation, peer pressure, negative habits and thoughts, addictions, and abuse.
GIP thus presents the following solutions:
1.Recognizing contrary to popular public perception, all of youth are potentially at-risk of developing these symptoms of our times, regardless of socioeconomic background.
2. Exposing negative media, awareness of substance abuse pressures, and other negative human behavioral and environmental influences.
3. Delivering innovative education and support programs that fill the development void, and act as glue for other community programs "bridging the gap."
4. Providing the missing road map for success throughout their lives.
- Melinda Crown
- (209) 277-2421
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!